OMRON CQM01 and Cxprogrammer coil problem

joshua34

Hi there ,i'm using a CQM01 PLC for my project. I was just testing the input and output of my PLC with a very basic program with only one contact and one coil. When I switch on the input contact the line goes green but the output coil doesn't , but when I set the coil to 1 (on) from cxprogrammer, the physical output turns on and the indicator lights up too , so I don't think there's any problem in the wiring or addressing.
--[]--------O--
My current DIP switch setting is :
1 : OFF
2 : OFF
3 : ON
4 : ON
5 : ON
6 : OFF
When I tried the same program using a PRO01 Programming Console it worked.
So my question is why won't the output coil in cxprogrammer and output indicator on the output module won't light up ?
The PLC was already on monitor mode when I tested it.
Any help is greatly appreciated (y)

Just make sure, you have downloaded the program...
Cx-programmer allows you to monitor the program in your PC, even if it's not the same as the program that is on the PLC...(altought you can change that setting).

By downloading the program do you mean the option " compile all program" ?
I compiled the program first and then selected "work online".
Is there any other command I'm missing?

Throw it away and use a CP1L or something - it is no longer manufactured and has not been supported for years now.

By downloading the program do you mean the option " compile all program" ?
I compiled the program first and then selected "work online".
Is there any other command I'm missing?

No, you have to go online and then download the program to the plc...