Omron Cascade TImers HELP

twinnaz

Hello im new to plc programming with Omron Cx Programmer
I have made a program to trigger timers one after the other and repeat the process continually, but the problem im having is that I need each of the output coils to be on in sequence of the timers but I cannot find a way to achieve this .
Basically I want coil 1 on and coil 2,3,4 off while timer 1 is running then coil 2 on when timer 2 running coil 1, 3, 4 should be off and so on
I have achieved this using rs logix 5,500, and 5000 but being new to omron and their timers it’s hard or time consuming to find the equivalent of rslogix t1.DN and t1.tt , t1.en and so on.
What I know so far in omron I can trigger the timers to cascade using T000 T0001… and so on but they stay enabled
I have attached the program I made so far so take a look at that and get back to me. Thanks
Im using cx programmer 9.2 and the plc is Omron cj1m

cast.jpg

Attachments

• castimer.zip
    6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome to the site.
there are several options available to you.
depending in which CPU you have.
BASIC - as on timer completes timing add 1 to a DM (int in RS term)
then compare when that value is incrreased to the next value and so on.
You can also use the STEP/NEXT - a litle harder to get your head around.
it is a sequence step relay system.

Alternativly.
place a relay in parralell with the timer coil (EN bit)
Place a relay in parralell with a N/C (DN) contact in series with that (TT bit)
and work with that

EDIT
Just noticed CJ1 sorry
you can use the MOV statements etc - you may need the @MOV statement
OMRON has some interesting tricks
beware of '@', '#' , "&" and 'h'
ALso check out the system bits and words - very usefull
Unlike the AB needing a seperate bit for ONS ONR ONF
any number of contacts from the relay coil can be confgured as either DifUp (ONR) of DifDN(onf)

Last edited:
alright i'll give it a try but the timer addressing is whats troubling me the most if you can list out the cx programmer equivalent of these address that would be great
Im using the Cj1m Omron plc

Rs Logix ----- Omron

T4:1 -----------Tim 0001 #(Preset TIme)
T4:1/EN --------?
T4:1/TT --------?
t4:1/DN --------T0001 (I think)

Or I can try a new approach

I will have a closer look at your program later tonight it is 2:40 pm on friday here.
got a bit of work on.
I will get bact to you sorry

hi woody
like your post \just thought I would put in my 2 cents
🍺

Please note the last line is not needed
but purely for reset if the plc is stopped = delete it and the following becomes true

the D100 register does not loose its position if the power is turned

ye I see what you did both revision can be incorporated in the overall program when im done still in the early stages of my project

Basically need to control 2 stepper motors using 4 relays
Spin the same speed -- easy
Same direction -- easy
Go into reverse -- done
then different speed for each motor -- still working on this just need to try to figure out how to do this with just 4 relays
castimer program only for one motor right now
it'll be helpful if you can guide me to control the timer presets using excel or set up the dde server

...if you can list out the cx programmer equivalent of these address that would be great
Im using the Cj1m Omron plc

Rs Logix ----- Omron

T4:1 -----------Tim 0001 #(Preset TIme)
T4:1/EN --------?
T4:1/TT --------?
t4:1/DN --------T0001 (I think)
Just to answer this for future reference:

START
TIMING +------+
-----] [------+------------| TIM |
| | 0001 |
| | |
| | #10 |
| +------+
|
| T0001
+----]/[-------( ) <-- This coil would be the same as .TT
|
|
|
+--------------( ) <-- This coil would be the same as .EN

You were correct on the 2 you answered.

Also, what stepper motor controller are you using? We can help you figure out if it can be done with 4 relays.

🍻

-Eric

Thanks
And Im not using any stepper controllers just the omron output contacts (oc211)to 24 v relays that sequence the coils of the stepper motors . the stepper is powered using a 5 v supply

Hi,

Mucked with your program again - basically you cannot call the same output coil more than once.

Also added a way to change the timer values by using input buttons (increment/decrement).

Been some time since I did a DDE with excell so will need to check on this but probably just as easy to add a small HMI if you want the operator to change the timer values. The little 3" screens are very capable these days and usualy quite cost effective.

Also I changed your timers from BCD to BIN type - thus the timer values can be set as INT data types.

Regards

Ye already have the HMI controls down using excel is a requirement to but I'll figure it out
I'll take a look at your changes thanks

If you already have the DDE from excell working - all you would need to do is drop a value into a data memory location then use that for the timer value.

sorry mistyped I meant to say I already have the panel view to control the start ,stop, direction of the stepper

but need to control the same functions using excel(independently)
it's nothing much never really touch on this yet just posted to see if anyone had any prior knowledge to guide me in the right direction. so don't worry too much about it for now i'll post if I run into trouble when Im actually doing that part of the project