Learning to program PLCs

extra rungs don't form spagetti code
I agree. Sometimes what is thought of as spaghetti code is merely rungs that the viewer does not understand, or does not know the reason for, or the history of how it got that way.

Often machinery is changed out for a temporary fix, and the PLC code is changed also, but enough of the original rungs are left so that it can be restored when the original machine is reinstalled. When such code is deleted, part of the historical record is deleted. Later someone will have to start from scratch.

hey, VERY accurate desription ! I'm confused

geniusintraining said:
here this is what I am dealing with today...

confusion.gif

Last update, Folks. Installed the PLC on the boiler this morning, works like a champ. Thanks again for all your help!

Similar Topics

I am learning programming on my own for the AB 1400E touch screen.I would like to expand my capabilities here at work. No one else here has a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I know the answer to the title is probably that there is no definitive "right" way to program. But there probably is many definite...
Replies
Views
I've gotten to the learning curve where I can program a call for pump to come on at set point but I'm not sure how to turn the same pump off when...
Replies
Views
I want to pick up an Allen Bradley PLC so I can practice writing programs. I have 10 years as a maintenance tech and a good understanding of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have started a new chapter in my career with a local company. a lot of their plc's is omron and i have the cx version 9.75 software...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom