Very new to Panelview Plus 1000 and need general guidance

Alan Case said:
Hi, I had no problems converting programs from 3.x to 4 but when you do convert and make a backup then the backup cannot be opened and used by any one with version 3 software.
Another big gotcha is that the RSView ME cannot direct browse to the tag in an ML1100 so you have to type in all the adresses ie
::[name_of_processor]N7:0
Regards Alan Case

Alan,

I recently ran across a technote that shows you how to do offline tag browsing to an SLC500 or PLC5 processor. I have the note saved in a word file but for the life of me I can't find the technote in the Knowledgebase. I'm not sure if it will work with 4.0, The word file doesn't say. If anyone can find the technote please let me know.

Randy

Hi RTA, Offline browsing in the SLCs are no problem but you have to create an OPC topic with RSLinx classic and add the OPC to your ME project.
It is online tag browsing with an ML1100 that is a problem, it wont work (Rockwell documented)
I quite often program the PLC first writing in all the command and status tags for a PV into separate binary and integer files then direct browse to one of the required addresses to get the correct format of the address. Then I duplicate the tag in ME and just alter the address. I sold an ML1100 and a PV+ to another integrator (schneider) and it really caused problems because the non browsing issure is buried in a tech note.
Regards Alan Case

One thing I did figure out, and just wanted to point out.... Our application doesn't "display" alarms individually but uses an alarm list... When updating the project to version 4, the "display alarm" checkbox appears to be defaulted, so I had to go thru and uncheck all of the alarms for everything to work properly.