Omron Timers and Counters

It depends on which PLC model you have. In a CJ2 it would be a TIMLX which supports time delays up to 429496729.5 seconds. That's almost 14 years which I have always thought was a bit of overkill.

Last edited:
What do you need.
The DN is purely time up.
If you want TT then you will need to program that step
Place an aux coil and an NC (xio) contact from the timer in parallel with the timer coil.
The time values are available to you
If you want preset or set.
Omrons help function is excellent.
Use the F1 key.
At least it doesn't send you in circles.

What is your needs.

Thanks for responding.Im kind of new at this programming period. Currently, Im attending a PLC corse at Vincennes university. we are being trained on Alan bradly rslgix 500 & 5000. Unfortunately for me my employer uses Omron.To me, its kind of like being taught Greek & translating it into latin. Yes i know u are right, putting the done in parallel as NC does serve the purpose.

Furthermore, i have been exploring the help menu to some extent.
They are not exactly in lamens terms to me.

I do know how to address the TIM & the done bit; however im unsure of myself when it comes to the other timers & their bits.
That includes function blocks. i haven't a clue how to use that or even when.
Thankfully, the program has a simulator that i can at least practice on.
thanks again for responding
By all means if you have tips & suggestions please throw them my way.
Singed: eager too learn

Ok. Poor you.
Firstly. The tag naming for AB is completely different.
OMRON is closer to the RS500.
So ignore the 5000
I don't have my notebook with me.
I will post some info later today.
It's 12:50 pm here