Omron Sysmac C60K

d21x

Hello everyone.

I have a Omron Sysmac C60K that I will be upgrading to an AB SLC 5/04.

The problem I have right now is I need to pull out the Ladder Logic code from the Omron and write a new ladder logic program for the SLC 5/04.

I do have an AP003 PROCON adapter and a PRO27 Programming Console. The question is how do I view the program on the Omron Sysmac? And when I am viewing the program, will I stop the Omron from working, because I would prefer not to stop the machine if possible. I plan to hand write the code on a sheet of paper and transfer it over to RSLogix500. Please let me know, or point me in the right direction. Thank you.

WOW - thats a big jump up - would have thought it would be more suited for a micrologix 1500 or easier still the Omron CPM2A-60. The best way to do this would be to get the software (Syswin or Cx-Programmer). this will make more sense when looking at the ladder.
If you use the Pro27 you can read the mnemonics bit by bit but I can tell you this is not an easy way of reading a program someone else has put together.

If you keep the pro27 switched to monitor or run mode the PLC will not stop and you can read the program bit by bit

Best of luck

i must ask why you are wanting to change over to an allen bradley plc?
secondly, the plc hardware may not be compatible (sensor / wiring) with ab. omrons terminology is different from ab's.

please be careful with your plan. some omron commands cannot be
duplicted using allen bradley code.

get your omron program and write down the sequence of events (lots of details).
translate the program to ab code and go through the progam.

go over the omron program again ( even more details) and do the same for the ab program.

i say this because i found a few mistakes when i translated an omron program.

i eventually got it.

regards,
james

Depending on the age or the C60K, the PRO27 may or may not work.
Older units did not support that programmer. If not supported,
you will need to get a PRO15 handheld.

Once connected, you should be able to press, CLEAR, MONITOR, CLEAR and view the program. That is if it is not password protected.

As mentioned above, you will be able to view the mnemonic code,
ie: one instruction at a time. It is doable, but a bit slow.
I just programmed an Omron S6 that way last week.

Also, make sure you record the DM values. DM00 - 63 were possible in the CK series. That may be very helpful during the conversion process. To view, hit the CLEAR key, press the DM 00 (zero zero)keys then the MONITOR (MONTR) key. This should show D0000 value. Using the Down arrow (or maybe the up arrow) key should allow you to go through all values.

Woody is correct, keep the key in either Monitor or Run mode and you should be ok.

Best of Luck with your project.

If it Complicated machine, get used PC adapter and cable (or build by your self)

You can get Syswin for free over the net.
It will save you alot of time.
Or get someone who have software and adapter to print the code for you.
Since Omron and AB have some differences.I would live the Omron and write all from the beginning .In that way you will have all the names and comment,you will not spend your time to learn what someone else did and by the way to learn Omron.
I did some projects like this,I connected all the inputs in parallel with the old PLC, programe an output and move the output during the machine is running.It gave me the option to go back immediately.
My costomer was shocked.After a week I asked hime to stop the machine and Install the PLC and the HMI.
It is not possible allways but when you have running machine it become easy.