MSG instruction connect failure between ControlLogix5572 and MicroLogix 1400.

Chris3EC

I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a junction box with an ethernet port installed on the line, and I'm using this to connect to the MicroLogix. I can ping the MicroLogix when connected the programming port on the ControlLogix panel. When the MSG instruction attempts to execute, I get a connection failure error code. Any ideas?

Edit: Solved. Had to change the path to: 1(backplane), 1(ethernet card slot), 2, (MicroLogix IP).

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am currently trying to establish a message instruction to pass data from a 1756-L73 to a 1756-L71. My communication path from the...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends I am trying to connect to a Zebra printer. I can print the label with hyperterminal both by RS232 and TCP/IP. Now, I am trying to...
Replies
Views
Can Anyone tell that How Msg Instruction comes under Unscheduled communication and How System Overhead time slice(SOTS) function connected to it...
Replies
Views
Studio5000, V31 I'm Messaging a MassFlow Meter, specifically to pull the Engineering Units (units of measure) for 6 instances. Basically, do I...
Replies
Views
I received a PM from Forum member @zhoudq and am creating this public thread for his question:
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom