Modbus I/O Fault Cimplicity Machine Edition 90-30 PLC

russg

Hi,

I'm encountering a fault on a remote I/O node that is communicating with a Genius Bus Controller.

The site can not risk stopping the machines, so I was hesitant to clear the faults displayed in the fault table. Does anyone know if it is safe to do this, and would it fix the fault? I know there could be a device problem that may have triggered the fault in the first place that may need looking at.

Last edited:
None of those faults are current. The PLC's clock is at 27 September 2003. The timestamp on the faults is 26 May 2003. If that screenshot is current, it has been running for four months since the last entry into the I/O fault table. All of the faults occurred shortly after the last time the I/O fault table was cleared.
You should be able to clear the fault table without disrupting anything.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I noticed the date was from 4 months ago which seems strange because they only noticed a problem last weekend.

Would you expect a fault on a remote I/O mod to stay until the fault table has been cleared?

OK, great thanks for the information. I'll try and get them cleared so we can see if they return. Thanks for your help Steve.