Help with TCSEGDB23F24FA M340 Modbus Plus Proxy Module

davexr

Hi Everyone,
i was hoping for a little help with this module. i have data that needs to be read from a different plc through the Modbus plus network. the manual says that i need to use an ADDM block and a Read_Var block. so i set the address for the ADDM to 'Machine{192.165.1.5}3'. the Modbus proxy is Node 3, i am trying to read a register 40809 from another plc through two bridges that is also Node 3. to give the routing M340 (192.165.1.1) to Proxy(192.165.1,5), Proxy (node 3) to bridge A (node 8) to Bride B (node 9) to plc i need data from (Node 3). i have tried doing the routing following the example from the manual which shows an address of 'CPU_CoPro{192.168.1.50}2'. the routing table shows Destination Index 1 with a route of "Modbus Plus Routing Index" of (1) 13 (2) 6 (3) 22. i am assuming that the 22 is a misprint being that they reading through two bridges nodes 13 and 6 from a plc on node 2. All i get is an error code of 7. Read_Var_Routing.png

i have tried addressing the ADDM to 'Machine{192.165.1.5}8.9.3' and i still get the error code. i have tried putting the routing to index 3, same problem. i can look at any other node on the local network without any errors. if anyone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong i would greatly appreciate some guidance.
Thanks

M340 which is connected by ethernet to the proxy talking to a Modicon Quantum plc through the Modbus Plus Network. the communication worked when we had a Quantum Unity processor (replaced by the M340) so it should work now.

Have you put parameters into you Gest management registers? Like timeout is important. Also if you can tell us what the status register of the management returns it could help

thank you Techbuddy, Ssmith, and Chud i really appreciate your help. I'm really just muddling through this thing. i'm sure i'm missing something simple so your input has helped. i'm wondering if it would be easier to use an MSTR from the Quantum and send a write to the Proxy, but not sure how to read it in the proxy, unless that is what i am missing. Mstr write function in Quantum to Read_var in M340???