Analog Input used as digital input

DarrenBSCI

Hi, hope this is not too boring of a question but wondering can a analog input on a micrologix 1400 be used as a digital input? thank you in advance, Darren.

You could use with an appropriate resistor to limit current to the range of 4-20mA, or a voltage divider with resistors to clamp your voltage to the 0-10V range (depending on what kind of analog input, current or voltage, we're talking about). In the program you would simply use a GRT with a threshold and assign it to a bit for the on/off signal.

Similar Topics

I'm having trouble calming down 2 Tempo Sonics. I'm using Studio 5000 CompactLogix my Raw value is jumping around from 8575.0 to 8755.0 at a...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have questions. I have Analog Input that need to put into Ignition Designer. But I don't know how to put?
Replies
Views
Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Why AMIo800 Analog input module's I/O LED is Lighting up Red? Checked module connections, 4-20ma wires etc but this light is continuously Lighting...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom