SLC500 analog input value data type for EZ Series HMI

unsaint33

I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid address." Is there a way to get around this?

Attachments

• EZ.JPG
    EZ.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 18
I have 2.5.0 of the software and 6.2 both allow
My EZSeries Touch Panel Editor doesn't have this popup. What you showed here looks like editing tags already made. My problem is that the software doesn't even let me create the analog input I:8.3 with any of the data type available in the software (not even the unsigned int 16).
I have version 2.5.0 if you go to the tag database>add/edit tag details is where this is. I don't have version for 5.3 but I know there was a time they did not support analog IO it might not be supported in the version you have

It's probably a better practice to map I/O data to internal addresses for use with any HMI. This avoids running into obscure details in how the driver I/O addresses work with various families of controllers, gives you a place to make changes to the mapping in the PLC without having to also edit the HMI program, and protects against the remote possibility of an HMI writing to any of those addresses.