Wago I/O system 758-870 ethernet port set up

zin12345

Hi all,
I am working on a project which uses wago plc 758-870. I use RS232 module to do data communication between PLC and a remote computer. Now i would like to use the ethernet port of PLC for communication instead of RS232 module.
The plc will be connected to a router and data will be sent to plc by a remote computer using UDP protocol through internet.
I am new to codesys programming and networking field. I would like some help on how to set up the ethernet port for above application in my plc program. Or Please suggest me where I can find and study on how to set it up in program. I use codesys v2.3
Thanks a bunch. :)

look for www.oscat.de lots of progs.
you can use the visualisation very easy.
make a vis in your project and it will be visible when you use a browser and give the address of the PLC.
something like 192.168.2.102 you can put this address in yourself.
even the communication with the programmer runs via this net, a lot faster as via your serial. just set it up in communications.
better place for this is at the 3s website: 3s-software.com

Hi, I am trying to use oscat.lib. I inserted the lib file and when I compile, it gives error " maximum number of POUs (512) exceeded". The function I want to use inside is string_to_byte. Can I remove unused functions? or how can I get this to work? I am using codesys v2.3 Thanks a lot