Unable to copy HMI

ramm

Hi everyone I'm in a bit of a conundrum, I've been trying to get this HMI on our machine and I am unable to retrieve it.

Device
Delta
Model: DOP-107EG

Methods I tried:

1. Connecting to laptop to upload all data through DOPSoft software (latest version)
-This gives an error message of "HMI terminates data transfer because screen data is prevented from uploading/downloading."

2. Trying to copy HMI on a flash drive on the system settings.
-Error message is "Operation is not allowed."

3. Using Ethernet cable on DOPSoft and FTP
-No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.Connection Failed.

I've been stuck all day trying to get it and any help would be helpful.

Let me know if there are other details that you need.

Edit:
-Also updated firmware and still cannot copy HMI
-Already tried CDC and DISK mode on USB Comm Mode settings
-I have not tried using an RS232 connection since there are none available at the moment.

Sounds as though permission to upload was not set when originally downloaded. Or was downloaded using a password which may disable upload permission.

Sounds as though permission to upload was not set when originally downloaded. Or was downloaded using a password which may disable upload permission.
Are there possible ways to bypass that? We've contacted the original programmer but sadly he had already forgot the password and has lost the original copy of the HMI since he programmed it a long time ago.

It would be my guess, sadly, without the password or the original program, no. You could try a reset, but it may delete all the files anyway.

If you are talking to the original programmer ask him if he used a standard password, or password method.

It might be his job number, phone or something he regularly used.

Being a model 107, try that. Try the IP address, machine serial number, etc.

I've not worked on Delta HMI's for a very long time, but I note that the OP never describes being asked for a password. The way it's described is more "uploading from the HMI is flat out not permitted, you must have the original source file", not "uploading from the HMI requires a password, enter it here". If that's the case, without the original source file, you're completely stuck.

Another idea, if you can go without the HMI for a while.

I have had to send ProFace HMI's to their center in Ann Arbor, Michigan for them to get the program off the EEPROM in it and put it on a new HMI. A few times a machine had the Proface die completey and they were able to extract the program from it. The OEM went out of business and no file or support was available.

Maybe there's a Delta service center you can contact

Hi everyone pardon me for not replying, ASF is right I am prevented from accessing the HMI and uploading the data.

An update with this problem for future readers of this thread., I was unable to resolve this and still cannot access the HMI.

The company would provide a new programmer to check out the HMI and machine though.

It seems that the HMI has set a ban on uploading, which can only be achieved through internal cracking. By removing the internal storage chip of the HMI and soldering it onto the same model of HMI, the program can be read, provided that the new HMI has the function of uploading programs