Studio5000 v34: Not able to connect to PowerFlex 7000-2E in tree.

ChaseV

I have two of the same PCs and one can connect to my drives through the studio 5000 v34 program and the other PC can not gets the Error posted in the image.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Possible corrupt module definition in the project.

Delete the drive from the project then re-create it online and upload all drive parameters.

Would there be a way to do this with out having to do a download to the PLC. Hard to get the approval to do that. I have tried deleting it out of the tree offline and re-adding it and get the same popup.

Last edited:
Are you using FTLinx as your communication software? I had a very similar issue that was resolved by resetting my FTLinx configuration. Unfortunately that also reset the 30-40 drivers I had configured, which was a pain, but it fixed it at least.

The steps are listed in technote BF1603 (techconnect required).

If you don't have techconnect, reply with your OS details (which OS and 32/64 bit) and I'll extrapolate the relevant details from the technote for you.

@KuulKuum I tried bring the working file over and still didn't work, Have Not tried reinstalling or repairing Studio 5000 yet.

@ASF I am connect with the program with RSLinx still. Think I should try FTLinx?

Worth a try. Although now that I think about it, I *think* the drive browser uses FTLinx regardless of what communication software you're using for the controller connection. So resetting FTLinx might help regardless.

By the gods.

I'm not trying to pimp my own horse out, but this is where GENERIC shines.

OP: Your options are generally: a) reinstall or install updated AOPs, b) reinstall Studio 5K in its entirety (every version), or c) both.

Last edited: