Studio 5000/RS Logix auto accept/test/assemble?

rollex

Is there a "cowboy" mode where I can make Studio 5000/RSLogix auto accept/test/assemble lines of code, obviously this is providing they compile?

Sometimes I'm just messing around in the office and there is no risk. Is this possible?

Do you mean as you edit? No.
But there is that handy "Finalize all edits in program" button which does just that.

ETA:
If you are working offline, you don't have to do anything. Anything that can be accepted is.
Working online, that would be a hellova dangerous 'feature' since most times working online means working with live equipment.

Where is that button located? Does that auto test and assemble?

I'm working offline most the time, but online at times would be nice to do that.

*warning* advice from self taught student*

You'll get a more seasoned and experienced answer from rdrast but since it's 0348 and you're on line and he's not,

Once you make/ begin an on line edit, 5 icons become "active" in color directly above the ladder logic window, (Ladder Is all I have at this time).

From left to right they are:

1.accept pending rung edits, 2. cancel pending rung edits. 3 accept pending program edits, 4. cancel pending program edits, and lastly 5. FINALIZE all edits in program, which is a broad green and yellow arrow pointing to the right.

Hovering over any one of these once you have begun editing, and they are now in color and active, will give you the icons description.

I read that the older versions of logix used to have a "Test all Edits" but I can't speak to that.

Regards

Last edited:
It is on the toolbar just above the edit window for me, the same one that has the "Start Pending Rung Edits" button, and has an option (right click it) to show Online only, or always.

The last button on the right is the finalize all edits one.

As a continuing trainer for RA, the official line on the "Finalize Edits" button is highlighted in student training manuals... It says (not word for word, as that would infringe copyright, paraphrased here only to put across the "safety" issues)...

"To ensure personnel and equipment safety, you should use the full sequence of Accept, Test, & Assemble edits. This sequence requires users to check at each point before the edits become part of the working program. The "Finalize Edits" option should only be used for changes that do not impact any "safety" issues."

I agree with rollex. I think the repetitive sequence is actually distracting and irritating.

However I won't hold my breath till it's changed. And it beats the heck outta not being able to edit online.