Siemens INTF LED on Input Module

bluenoser337

I have a 6ES7 421-7DH00-0AB0 card with the INTF LED illuminated red. This internal fault on the card is preventing the CPU from going into run mode. I'm looking for information on what, if anything, besides the module itself could be at fault. I don't have a spare to try. Not at the site yet but will be trying reseating. Thanks!

UPDATE: The 6ES7 421-7DH00-0AB0 problem card was faulty but there was also a second bad card of a different type. The second card doesn't have the fault LEDs on-board. Found the second bad card with assistance from Siemens using process of elimination and the diagnostic buffer. Why'd the cards fail? We'll never know that but the system has been operating for almost 25 years.
:unsure:

Similar Topics

HI everyone, i am new to Siemens plc programming and i am in need of some help. yesterday we had an S7-1200 CPU 1214C fail to turn on an output to...
Replies
Views
Hi PLC people, think about this scenario: The PLC is somehow connected to the same network with the facilities` network. Then someone connects to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I've had this issue for the last 2 days where I try to assign the profisafe address to an IO block (6ES7 146-6FF00-0AB0) but when...
Replies
Views
Hello, good morning, I have been having two problems with the Tia Portal software. The first is that I have installed it on my computer and...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I'm just starting with using CodeSys. Immediately, I have noticed that Codesys doesn't use data blocks like for example S7 does...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom