ISSUES ASSIGNING PROFISAFE ADDRESS TO SIEMENS ET200ECO PN IO MODULE

mrbryanmg

Hello everyone, I've had this issue for the last 2 days where I try to assign the profisafe address to an IO block (6ES7 146-6FF00-0AB0) but when I click on "Identification" button I get an error saying, "Cannot make online connection to the module".

I don't know why I'm getting this error since I'm able to ping the device and see it on accessible devices, plus I had no issues assigning IP address and profinet device name, it's only the profisafe address that's causing the issue. I also verified that the online and offline settings for the firmware, device name, ip address are the same. Lastly, I verified that the coding element on the IO block was plugged in correctly.

I tried connecting directly to the module and via a scalance switch, but I get the same result every time. Has anyone ever had this issue before? I would really appreciate any suggestions or opinions.

Specifications:

TIA Portal v19

PLC: CPU 1516F-3 PN/DP

Module: 6ES7 146-6FF00-0AB0

Attachments

• module - error.png
    module - error.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 13
  • module - offline settings.png
    module - offline settings.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
  • module - online settings.png
    module - online settings.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 12
  • module - profisafe.png
    module - profisafe.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 13
Do you have the profisafe plug accessory in the module? It is required to store the profisafe address. Plus side is that if the module fails, you can move the plug to the replacement and you don't have to bust out your laptop to reassign anything.

6ES7194-6KB00-0AA0

Yes, I made sure the block had the correct profisafe plugged in.

Also forgot to mention this but, I have 3 of these modules in the cell and all of them show up in the accessible devices window with the correct IP and device name and all 3 of them have the coding element plugged in, I also have normal et200sp cards which I had no issue assigning them a profisafe address.

It’s just those Et200eco pn modules which I have issues with.
Do you have the profisafe plug accessory in the module? It is required to store the profisafe address. Plus side is that if the module fails, you can move the plug to the replacement and you don't have to bust out your laptop to reassign anything.

6ES7194-6KB00-0

Long shot but what does the CPU diagnostic buffer say when the module is connected to the CPU?

We had similar issues before; try resetting the device or module to default and try again. In our case the device had an F-address higher than the PLC could read. You could also try to set the F address to a much lower number in case the device can't handle the high F address; something under 1024.