SEW Drive Inverter Fault 14

I'm having a SEW Drive Inverter fault code: F14 which is a Encoder fault. The subcode that I have on movitools is the 27 Encoder error - encoder connection or encoder is defective.
On the manual the possible cause is: Encoder cable or shield not connected correctly. Short circuit/broken encoder wire or Encoder defective.
The solution is: check encoder cable and shield for correct connection, short circuit and broken wire, but I already changed:

Motor encoder and it's cable;
Absolute encoder and it's cable;
I installed a new SEW Drive Inverter and a new encoder board DEH11B

All the pieces that I removed from the defective machine are working on the other machines. The fault happens intermittently and I have to switch off the machine like it's necessary to "cool down" the system and then the motor and drive works for a few hours until I have the fault again

The inverter model is: Movidrive MDX61B0370-503-4-00
The motor model is: DRE180M4

The only think that i didn't change is the motor, but I would like to have sure that it's not something usual that I missed instead of removing a 300kg servo motor.

Could some one help me with that? Does some one already had this issue?

Last edited:
Did you remove the encoder cable and check to make sure the shield is properly grounded?

Also if you did, are you able to just change the encoder, without removing the motor?

May want to try only shielding one side of the encoder cable. I remember being told in school that both ends being grounded to different points can cause issue. I've not experienced this, but its an easy trial.

It may be worth a shot.

As I understand, the thought behind it is that if you have 2 different potentials at each point, then you can generate a current flow through the shield in either direction.

With just one end grounded, what's induced in the shield always drains to the same point.

This is how I understand it, I'm not a PHD, and I've never dealt with the situation, but its an easy test.

fingers are crossed for you.

Hello Gabriel!

I thing that you ever get the solution for this problem... could you please share with us..I have this same problem. Servomotor, feedback cable and DER11B already changed.
tks!

Hello Eduardo or Gabriel!

Hopefully you have a solution?
I have the same problem. everything is changed and stil get error 14.27 after about 10 minutes running.

Thanks.

Hello Speckey!

Yes, in our case, the problem was related to electromagnetic interference. we decided to inspect the feedback cable path, and found some power cables next to the feedback cables. However, due to the amount of dirt that existed, these cables were already there for a long time .... I can't explain why the failure only started at the end of last year. We are almost four weeks without fail.