S7-200 retentive data loss

Hello
I've got a customer with a two year old machine, and he's telling me that on power up, the retentive data is being lost. This has just started happening, apparently.
Fortunately, it's all stored in recipes on the hmi, but it's too much trouble for him to press a button, of course.

I initially suspected the super-cap, but if this was playing up, would the user program be lost too?

Thanks for any insight.

Pp

Retentive Data Loss

On the S7-200 line they all have EEPROMs built in for program retention. The super cap backs up retentive data for the user.

The super cap will only hold the retentive data for so long after power down: CPU 221 & 222 50 hours all other CPU's 190 hours. If your customer has extended power downs then i suggest fitting a battery module. Siemens recommend that these are replaced every year.