Quick Omron CPM1A question.

Saint AAI

Im trying to do a simple program on an Omron CPM1A unit. The problem I've got is using the pots on the front. It says in the manual that it the Data will appear in the range 0 to 200 in IR250 and IR251, but I couldn't find it as there didn't seem to be those addresses. So I put the PLC online and monitored the memory while I adjusted the pots and found the data in SR250 and 251. Now the problem I've got is getting it out of there and into a DM area so I can mess about whith it. I've tried using an always on input to activate a Move instruction, but I can't get it to recognise the SR250 or 251 memory areas. I've tried writing it as SR250, SR25000, S250, S:250, SR250.00 and many other ways, but it still says invalid address. So what am I doing wrong?? Thanks, Shane.

Hello SaintAA1,

Glad you got it sorted out.
Just for future reference, none of the IO areas of omron PLCs need to be prefixed when using them within your programs.
This is true for the 'older' IR / SR prefixes, and also for the "CIO" areas used in the latest CJ Series.
All that is needed (as you discovered) is the numeric address.