PVP standard no ethernet on boot 'sometimes'

greatercontrols

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a relatively simple standard system with an issue that is frustrating us. Upon powering up the system as a whole, sometimes the Ethernet just will not connect until power is cycled.

Often it boots and runs fine, but not always. We have many of these units out there. cycling power to just the HMI usually gets it going.

Hardware is relatively simple. On the PLC side we have a 1766-L32BXB Micrologix 1400 with just a single ethernet cable directly to the panel view plus standard. We have issues with both of the following similar models; 2711P-T7C21D8S and 2711P-T10C21D8S.

We've tried a variety of Ethernet cable brands, set the local date and time. power is supplied by a local 24VDC PSU that isn't driving solenoids etc. during the boot time.

I'm hoping someone here might have some insight from something similar?
Cheers

Found Rockwell document (ID BF21761) on their website. Need to sign in to view.

Basically says go to channel configuration for channel 1. UNCHECK auto negotiate and select 100 Mbps full duplex forced. Finally, cycle power.

Excellent! I'll give that a go and see how it pans out.

For all my searching, I could not have located that as I was sticking hard to the terms 'boot' 'powerup' etc.

The answers on here are usually easier than searching RA or Siemens websites.

Appreciate the assist, I'll post back on how it goes but it may be awhile as this fault is sporadic.

Cheers.