Issues with Japanese font on PVP+7 Series B

Seb94

Hello everyone,

I'm seeing Japanese characters with a 90° rotation on a new PVP+7 screen. I post here hoping someone has encountered this issue already. It is confusing.

Context:

Two months ago, I had to load an FTView ME project (v8.1) on a Rockwell PanelView Plus 7 Series B (2711P-T12W22D9P). It is a spare screen for a Japanese customer. Their machine has 2 identical HMI screens: one on the cabinet door, the other inside a control room.

I have the original FTView project, up to date. I have also retrieved the .mer (v8.1) remotely from one of the installed PVP.

After loading the .mer inside the new PVP series B, characters turned to blank squares when switching the runtime language to Japanese. I linked fonts and fixed this (I followed TechConnect notice QA64829).

Now onto the current problem:

There is something wrong with the Japanese font on the new PVP. All characters are sideways. I can't read Japanese, but it does not look like the other HMI and my customer confirmed it was problematic.
Both screens have the exact same .mer runtime, yet there is this displaying difference. I think the problem may be related to series B of PVP, and has nothing to do with my FTView project.

Please see screenshots attached.

I also have another issue. The user login window buttons still have blank characters.

I tried:

- Re-downloading the .mer in the PVP series B -> still bad
- Creating the runtime again from FTView -> still bad
- Downloading the .mer in another PVP (standard, not B) -> runs fine, no font issue
- Contacting my local Rockwell supplier, they don't know either.

Has anyone experienced this?
Could there be an issue with font linking, as it wasn't properly set up initially?
Is it yet another of PVP Series B shortcomings?

oldHMI_font.png newHMI_font.png oldHMI_login.png newHMI_login.png

I apologise for the strange spacing in my post. I don't understand why there are additional spaces here and there, that did not show up in the editing box.

I would recommend that you contact Rockwell technical support, not a distributor.
Open the ticket and give them step by step directions on how you can duplicate the issue with a blank project.
Once duplicated, they should contact engineering for a workaround solution or a patch.

I would recommend that you contact Rockwell technical support, not a distributor.
Open the ticket and give them step by step directions on how you can duplicate the issue with a blank project.
Once duplicated, they should contact engineering for a workaround solution or a patch.
Thank you, I will do this as soon as I can.