Printing Labels from Panelview Plus

JGax

Hi All

First, thanks in advance for your help.

Now, I was asked to print a label that says basically if the process was ok or not, a zebra printer was given to me.

Well, I don't know even if its possible to print directly to any label printer from panelview plus.

Question:
Is possible to print labels from Panelview plus 7?
If so, may I have a brief description of the How?
Any experience about ir would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jesus

If there is a Panelview, there is a PLC. You will find the PLC a much easier programming environment to format ASCII for your "Earn-A-Label".

You did not state what PLC you have, or what Zebra you have.

If your PLC is Micro-Logic, you can write ASCII to a serial port. No extra hardware required.

But the easiest, and most robust way to send ASCII ZPL Zebra commands to a Zebra printer is through a RealTimeAutomation device.

I recently received a zebra ZT410 and they sent a file to convert its ethernet port to Ethernet/IP compatible. This way my printer belongs to plc ethernet tree and now is very easy to print a label from my plc. I have rslogix 5000 v30, my plc is a 1769-L30ER.

Hi

Sorry for delay.
Thanks Widelto and Plastic, your comments are appreciated.
My management and I resolved that a label is not needed any more.....
But....

As a programmer I will try to complete the label and will investigate the zebra model and try to print to it....
My current PLC is a old SLC 551 with logix 500....
But for tryout I may use a 1769 L16 and Logix 5000 ver 26

I will let you know how it goes.

Regards
Jesus