Need Help Accessing/Printing a Program - CIMPLICITY

croven_plater

Hi all,

I am having issues accessing my Cimplicity software - the site code changed after re-install and I am no longer able to attain a new key.

Can someone please "print to pdf" (or any other viable method) a copy of the ladder logic?

I am in a sticky situation with troubleshooting and would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you

Hi Steve,

I did not create the .SWX file myself it is a backup from an old drive I found. I assumed incorrectly- thank you for the correction. The other files of interest in the same folder have extensions: .hwc , .flb , .ssx , .vdt, and .blk if that helps narrow down my search.

The software I am in possession of now, with a once valid KEY is CIMplicity ME Logic Developer. Software version 3.0.

The software I am in possession of now, with a once valid KEY is CIMplicity ME Logic Developer. Software version 3.0.
That explains it. When the product first came out, GE used the Cimplicity name. Later they changed it to Proficy Machine Edition.

However, when I restored from the file you provided, all I got was an HMI target which looked a lot like a sample project. There was no PLC target.

If the program in the PLC was created with the same software you have and if you still have the installation CD, you should be able to uninstall, then reinstall. That will give you a four day trial period during which the software will be fully functional. However, if the application in the PLC was ever modified using a newer version of the software, you won't be able to upload from the PLC.
I looked a little deeper into the file you provided and it looks like a product demo of the HMI features. There are many screens, each one highlighting a different feature.

If the program in the PLC was created with the same software you have and if you still have the installation CD, you should be able to uninstall, then reinstall. That will give you a four day trial period during which the software will be fully functional. However, if the application in the PLC was ever modified using a newer version of the software, you won't be able to upload from the PLC.
I looked a little deeper into the file you provided and it looks like a product demo of the HMI features. There are many screens, each one highlighting a different feature.

Hi Steve,

I truly appreciate you looking into the file I posted earlier and your update! I do not have the CD on-hand- only an inactivated copy that was installed some years ago. I am assuming the 4 day trial has already elapse as I can not proceed without activating. I tried reaching out to GE for a new license, but have not had much success yet.

I've upload the entire folder of the equipment in question - I believe the ladder logic I'm looking for is in the .flb file titled, "CORNIN~4.FLB"

Here is the folder in case you are interested in perusing about:

Thank you.

GE sold their PLC product line to Emerson several years ago. Many of the distributors who handled it prior to the sale continue to carry it. Most likely they will try to upgrade you to the latest version which Emerson calls PAC Machine Edition, but they may be willing to provide the key to reactivate the license you had.
I'll try to open your latest file later today.

The Corning folder was a VersaPro project. VersaPro was the predecessor to Machine Edition. I imported the project folder into Machine Edition version 9.5 and printed the ladder logic.

Good morning Steve,

That is great news! I cannot thank you enough for your efforts and all your help in accessing the files. The ladder logic print out is much appreciated... it has been missing for nearly 20 years.

Will continue working towards securing a license key with a distributor as you suggested earlier.

Cheers,
Sebastian