Please help Will that ladder work?

Salmanahm

redir

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AGQdmlcOPkXulWM&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

All I need to hard wire is
one push button
When pressed first time energize relay y1 and resets y2 and y3
Second time energize y2 only and resets y1 and y3
Third time energize y3 only and resets y2 and y1
Fourth time should turn everything off.
It will not be PLC ladder. I have to hard wire a limit switch to perform different operation each time.

No, it will not work as you desire.

Do this: Imagine pushing the button and then analyze rung one. Record the state of the elements in rung one. Analyze rung two. Record the state of the elements in rung after rung two has been scanned. Continue for the rest of the rungs in sequence element by element and make notes about the state of each element when the rung scan is complete.

NO - as you hold the button in, Y1 will energize , then Y2 will come on and so forth... .. why not use a 3 position switch and be done with it.

I know it isn't always easy to do, but try to include your picture with the post, not as a link to a separate file.

Many of us are reluctant to click on external links to view your picture/document. I saw your post but won't click on the link to view your document.

OG

I second this statement (y)

I know it isn't always easy to do, but try to include your picture with the post, not as a link to a separate file.

Many of us are reluctant to click on external links to view your picture/document. I saw your post but won't click on the link to view your document.

OG

Thanks for help

Yes its a school exercise. Someone asked me and I wasnt able to figure out. I can DO it in PLC by a counter and conditional statements but to hard wire is difficult.
Just one question "is that possible using only the relays ?"
I think we have to use timers in each step.
Regards
Salman

Just one question "is that possible using only the relays"?

Yes, it is possible. I have the solution running in the Micrologix simulator. The answer is counterintuitive and lies in the fact that the PLC scans the logic sequentially.