PanelBuilder32 to FactoryTalkME conversion

sebastianp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am trying to perform my first conversion from an older .pba file to be able to use on a PVP+.

As from start there is a popup asking about if there are direct drivers on RSLinx they should be configured. OK, there is a direct driver on communication tab over DH485, with terminal address 2 and SLC5/03 address1. But beats me how should I configure this on my RSLinxClassic.

But after that comes the big problem. At some moment appears another popup stating "Unable to retrieve project information. Insufficient memory to perform operation".

Seems there is no info about this particular error. At the moment I don not have TechConnect, even so searching KB no answers came up.

SO! Anyone happen to get across this nice issue ?

SW versions : PanelBuilder32 03.83.01 (Build 7 )
FactoryTalk View Studio 7.00.00 ( CPR9 SR6 )
Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks ahead for any help
Sebastian

First, make sure your PBA file is saved in the latest version of PanelBuilder32 (3.83)
Then, yes you will need to recreate the communications setup in FactoryTalk View Studio use the RSLinx Enterprise dialog. Not RSLinx Classic.

I have had import issues in the past, and re-saved the project under a new file as a touch screen and Ethernet communications.

Worst case, I export the tag database, delete all the tags, then re-save as a new project before importing into FactoryTalk View Machine Edition. To get the tags in, you could use Excel and manually copy/paste from the PB32 format into the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition format.

On the right track

Thanks for info.

The trick with tags and resaving project did not work out in my case.
But this gave me the idea that I need to test by stripping down parts of project to see what happens.

After several tries I discovered that if I delete from screens, the conversion process can go through.

So, my project has about 25 screens scattered from 1 to 40. Deleting the particular ones 11 and 12 and leaving the rest I succeeded to import the entire project into FTV_ME, with original comm settings on DH485 and tags.

It took me only 3 hours of testing, but guess converting it manually would take me 3 days at least.

I have no idea whats the thing with these two screens, they look normal just like the rest , with 1 and 4 tags inside. Whatever.

Thanks again, and long life for the nice programmers.(y)