Mitsubishi Q-series: Connecting an oil pump for remote control...

Mas01

We've got a portable cooling pump which circulates a coolant oil.
The spec says it can be remotely operated (coolant START/STOP), via a 3-pin connector:
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
PIN A...+24VDC from pump supply
PIN B...Start by momentary connection to PIN A
PIN C...Stop by momentary connection to PIN A

QUESTION: To connect this to our PLC (Mitsubishi Q-series), do I need to connect wires B & C to a "QY18A 8 Relay Outputs" card (we have a spare channel), then create a "toggle" switch on the GUI to control the Start/Stop control? Thanks

hello,

just to be clear

you want to connect both wires (start/stop) to single PLC output and control functionality via some button on HMI?

It will depend on the type of contacts are required i.e. N/O for both start and stop of is it N/O for start & N/C for stop (stops are N/C & you open them to stop it), however, it could be pulsed to start & pulsed to stop i.e. close them to start & stop.
You will need two outputs in reality although it could be possible to use the one if the internal logic allows (this is assuming the Stop needs to be N/C for the pump to run).

So there are 3 possibilities
Two outputs required

24v---------+-------| |-----------START Pulsed to start or on to start
|
|--------------------| |-----------STOP Pulsed to stop or on to stop

If Stop is N/C then two outputs required
24V------------------| |----------START ON To start
|
|----------------------| |------------STOP On to enable Start (off for stop)

Or maybe if only one output available then
then one output drives a relay with a N/C & N/O output i.e. it switches from one state to the other it will depend on how the pump logic works.

Thanks again. The wording in the spec ("momentary connection") to me would suggest a pulse for start and pulse for stop (closed momentary contact for start and stop), so your code might work here.