Micro850 PLC-Data tags not reading

chowam01

Hello,

I have a Micro850 PLC that has 5 2080-IF4 plug-in modules attached. Each of these modules are programmed to read 4-20 mA output signals from various sensors. It also has interlock switches connected to embedded digital input ports. When I download the program to the PLC from CCW, the message prompt that enables 'Remote Run' does not appear. I can't seem to switch the controller to run mode. Moreover, while connected, the I/O tags all read 0. I have tested the sensor wire leads with multimeter and they do give out output signals in the range of 4-20mA. Not sure why CCW is unable to read. The DI status LEDs also light up when I turn on the switches. However, that change is not reflected in CCW. I assumed that it might have to do something with the firmware, so I reset the firmware to default, that didn't help either. Any ideas on what the issue is or how to fix the issue? Thanks.

Last edited:
So the Micro 800 line and CCW in general is a bit different then Studio 5000. I don’t recall off the top of my head, but I could check tomorrow, when you download a program to the Micro 850 the first prompt you will see in CCW is to just Download or Download With Project Values. Once you make the proper decision there it will download then the GUI will have a pop up asking if you want to go to run mode or not. If that doesn’t happen check the top of CCW there is a little box tab thing that will read Connected, there should be a drop down arrow next to it and clicking on that it would present you with a drop down menu to then put the controller into Run Mode, as long as the switch on the front of the PLC is in Rem mode.

I have CCW version 13. The GUI has a toggle button that allows switching between program mode and run mode once connected to the controller. That toggle button is greyed out and won’t work.

I have CCW version 13. The GUI has a toggle button that allows switching between program mode and run mode once connected to the controller. That toggle button is greyed out and won’t work.

Is the switch on the Micro controller in REM position? It’s located on the lower left of the controller underneath a plastic cover. It has 3 positions, the middle is REM.