GE CPE100 - ProfiNet I/O Issue

AbjectControl

Greetings!

Facing a problem I've not seen before.

GE CPE100 unit, LAN2 set up as ProfiNet. Multiple Turck TBEN-L4-16DIP modules, and a Numatics Valve Stack. ProfiNET DCP tool shows all devices are communicating correctly, with no errors or diagnostic messages. Valves are all fully controlled via the PLC, with no issue. All inputs to the Turck blocks show change state on the block itself, as well as on the individual block's webpage when on the network; however, no state changes to any of the Inputs in the actual PLC program.

I've reconfigured the blocks twice with different GSDL files to no change in results. Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Regards -
ABJECT

Hello. With the information provided I am not able to judge what is causing the problem you describe. If you can get a mirroring port supporting switching hub and get the Wireshark traces for the traffic between the GE CPE100 controller and the TBEN-L4-16DIP mdoules, we can see the statuses for the individual slots, then can make a deeper analysis.
I have never used the GE CPE100. With TIA Portal it would be possible to analyze this issue without Wireshark.

Trust me my friend, it was not my choice to utilize the CPE100.

Since the switch on branding over to Emerson, I'm shocked that they somehow found a way to make GE products LESS user friendly. That being said, if anyone could do it, I trust in GE.

Concur with your sentiments that wireshark is my best bet unless someone else has run into this as well. Hope springs eternal. Appreciate the response.

Hope you can solve this. Will be happy to look at the Wireshark traces.
By the way, there is a somehow nerdy (and relatively unknown) feature in the PROFINET IO add-in for Wireshark which I believe is maintained by the Profinet International and is installed transparently by the Wireshark installation. You can create a folder where you copy the GSDML files used in the application, and as long as the traffic includes the intial messaging for connection allocation where the device ID and so on is transmitted, the if the add-in finds the device in the folder of registered GSDML files the trace is further decoded up to the higher layers of the application. It is possible to see the slot name, and in the case of alarms and diagnostics, the information on the GSDML is parsed and shown in the captures. Really cool stuff and amazingly, free of charge.
Just like this post :).

ProfinetWireshartAdd-in.jpg