FX5 to Panelview 800 modbus TCP/IP

melcsa

We have to connect a Mitsubishi FX5 PLC using Modbus TCP/IP to a Panelview Plus 800. We have communicate integers, bits and real numbers, but we have not been able to communicate strings. Could somebody please tell me the sintaxis of the string variables in the Panelview to use with the FX5
We have tried 40201.2H , 40201.32L , H40201.32 and 40201/32

Not sure about the PV800 but something comes to mind about strings via modbus to a scada system I was involved some years ago

To address a string starting at 40200 with a length of 32 bytes and Hi-Lo byte order, 40200.32H
To address a string starting at 40200 with a length of 62 bytes and Lo-Hi byte order, 40200.62L, but it does appear you have already tried some of these combinations, so I can only assume the PV must have some kind of different format.