Failed to load data server in an RsView Se application

PLCbabe

Hi everyone, I'm having a little trouble with this that won't let me move on so i hope you guys can help me, here are the details:

I have an RsView SE application. Created an OPC Data Server, in the OPC Data Server Name i chose RSLinx OPC Server, since I'm using RSLinx CLassic. I also created the topic in the rslinx named exactly as it is named in the HMI tag database. Everything was working like perfection. When yesterday I left at the lunch hour, the computer stayed on, the DisplayCLient stayed running and the rslogix stayed ONLINE in the computer.. When I came back the only faulty thing I could see was that the processor had gone offline. i tried to put it online again and had some difficulties but could... (all this while the display client was running) when i went back to see the display client i find out that everything has error value... so i close it and try to run it again and errors like these appear:

-Failed to connect to browse service for OPC Server//$Local.. (result=0x80004005)
-Failed to load data server 'RNA://$Local...' on machine 'localhost' (result=0x80080005)

and sometime these errors dont even appear and the display runs but some tags with error state and other with 0 state (which are wrong) and its very slow to change displays and the only thing that appears in the diagnostics display is:

- Resetting all callback objects to dataserver. DisplayCLient.exe(572) or (4254)

I have tried many things.. deleting the rslinx topics and creating them again. then deleting the data server in the rsview studio configuration and creating them again.. the same but in different order... I disabled simple sharing but nothing changes... and I tried it on an earlier application of the same project and the same thing happens..

hope you guys know what i should do..
Tnx
Nadia

nadia,

same problem we are facing sometimes. we just load whole project again with latest backup. sometimes if HMI service stopped all of sudden than it gives error "Failed to load HMI service" (Atleast in our case). we just restart the PC and still things would not go right then we load whole hmi project with latest backup.
for loading project you can use "Export Rsview Project" from new project wizard and specify HMI project configuration file which is found in HMI Projects\se\proj name\*.ser . you have to delete all *.DAT datalog files temperaroy and stop Rsview service to take backup.

hi, i dont know where i should do this "export rsview project".. Today i tried a million ways i uninstalled and installed rslinx many times and no good.. suddenly I thought to use my laptop to see if it worked there.. and IT ID!! the only difference that i have between my laptop (which works perfectly) and the desktop that used to work is that in the rslinx DDE/OPC Topic Configuration in the Topic List in my laptop as im working with the runtime a little yellow lock appears next to the topic that im using.. something that does not happen in the desktop..and used to happen... I really dont know what could have gone wrong.. i talked already to my rockwell distributor here in mexico.. and he's checking on it... also something different is that my laptop it has rslinx classic gateway and the desktop has rslinx classic for rsview.. dont know if this has anything to do...