FactoryTalk View ME - Failed to load Data server

squiggz

Hi,
I'm trying to connect with an HMI on one of our machines at work. I have applied the correct pathway to the plc, via the FT Linx communication setup. but I keep getting the two "Failed to load Data server" errors (shown in the attached picture).
We have 6 other machines that I have no problem interacting with the HMI. This one is the only one I've ever seen this on. I've only been messing with HMIs for a little under a year now, so there's still a lot I don't know.
I appreciate any help that can be given.

ftkegline error (1).jpg

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Unfortunately, this could be a DCOM or Windows settings problem, or require a FactoryTalk patch.

The RA Knowledgebase suggests six different investigations you could undertake to try to resolve that error:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/33301/loc/en_US#__highlight

Alright, I've installed the latest patch update and messed with the DCOM settings. I'm down to one error now; the one that related to the HMI.

Two of the problems/solutions on that list deal with Windows XP and 2003. I'm running Windows 10, so I assume I don't have to bother with those, correct?

This might be a dumb question but: solution 2 says to make sure the Client system time does match the server system time. Does this refer to the Date_Time on the PLC and the Date and Time on the HMI? Originally the Date_Time on the PLC was set to a German time zone. I changed it a while ago to EST; however the display on my HMI is 19 minutes fast. Could this be the problem? I'm not exactly sure how to fix that...

The other option on here is to reinstall FT, which I would like to try last if we can rule out the time match.

Last edited: