Factorytalk Activation not working on VM after host crashed

rankhornjp

I have a Win10 host that crashed this weekend. I reinstalled windows and Factorytalk Activation. Now my VM won't pull the licenses.

Host and VM are both Win10, running version 5 of FTA. I can ping the host from the VM via computer name and ip address. I have the Code Server checked on the host FTA and the clocks are synced.

Any ideas?

Code Server on.PNG license on host.PNG license on vm.PNG clocks are the same.jpg

You should have all your activation on the dongle then you always have access to them.
I learned that the same way after my computer crashed on a weekend and i had to wait until Monday to reactivate.

So the license were on VM but the host crashed?

I learned that most activation will not survive VM transfer. Otherwise people would just replicate VM and make bunch of license available. Your only solution is really to contact Rackwell and beg them to reset the license.

So the license were on VM but the host crashed?

I learned that most activation will not survive VM transfer. Otherwise people would just replicate VM and make bunch of license available. Your only solution is really to contact Rackwell and beg them to reset the license.

No, the license were on the host. But the VM couldn't see them.

After talking to Rockwell Tech Support, I had to run the Windows Firewall Configuration Utility and then everything worked fine.