Factory Talk Historian Reports

Jeff D

I have a customer that upgraded their RSV32 to FTV SE, their reports no longer worked so they bought FT Historian and FT Historian add-in for excel. Has anybody done runtime reports using FT Historian and the excel add-in?

Attached is a copy of their old runtime reports.

The FTHSE Excel Add-In (DataLink) utility is not intended to be used for reporting but for manually accessing and retrieving Historian database raw data.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/hsedl-um024_-en-e.pdf

The intended reporting tool for FTHSE systems is the FactoryTalk VantagePoint; the FTVP Server Install package and 1 Concurrent User Client license should be included with a purchased and licensed FTHSE package.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/ftalk-pp028_-en-p.pdf

This is what the customer purchased: Catalog #9518-HSE500 and 9518-HDLENE, they went directly to their Rockwell Distributor and this is what they were told to purchase.

Is there anyway of writing script using the add-in to do reports?

FactoryTalk VantagePoint could generate automatic reports embedded within Excel spreadsheets, however, scripting is limited since FTVP is actually a locked-up MS SQL database; every intended query needs to use existing FTVP defined functions.
If you are registered with RA and have a valid techConnect contract search for FTVP documentation within the RA Knowledgebase:

https://logon.rockwellautomation.co...ings:HTTP-POST&RelayState=/app/answers%2Flist

I notice that there is a FT VanagePoint EMI DVD that came with the FTHSE, but I am having trouble getting it to install. It wants to hangup at 'Database Connection Information'

The customer didn't buy XcelReporter, FTHSE and FTH Client Component is all that they bought. They contacted the Rockwell distributor (Kirby Risk) and that is what they sold them. Now it's up to me to make it all work

I am an RA TechConnect contract user and MS SQL is installed, only thing I can think of it's not compatible with Window Server 2008 R2

What I was getting at about scripting was, has anybody written excel script to go out and get the data and put it in the report spreadsheet using the PI add-in?