DASSIDirect through **** unit

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
A customer has one of these units on a machine with a S7-300 PLC. The original intent was to use it for remote access via cell network, but we managed to change it to use customer internet, which has been very successful.

Now, we are wanting to use this as a gateway for the InTouch DASSIDirect IOServer.
But I am struggling to get the DAS Setup correct (I think). I dont really understand the Local/Remote TSAP, but know if I put the Remote at 0-2, the DAS gives me connection indication, but no values. I am not 100% that the values are as what is the PLC, as am not online to it yet.

What I want to ask, has anyone done something similar with this unit? Can you explain the TSAP config for me?

Hi, got this sorted.
the key was in the remote TSAP config, once I matched it to the actual setup rather than the default, the connection was established.
Then I had to do some siemens boot camp, trying to understand the config etc & pick registers that were being regularly updated...