Wonderware S7 Dassidirect I/O server not updating all addresses?

russg

Hi,

I'm having some problems with values not updating. And mainly some that are only writing but not reading although they are set to read/write.

The read seems to be pending. Has anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks

The icon appears when the variable was once polled from the plc successfully, but is not in the current poll group.

This depends on the setting of the data source in InTouch window maker. If you set the option "Advise only active items", then only the variables are read from the plc which are currently needed (e.g. in current visible picture, global script or with alarm).
If variable A is needed in picture X, and you change to picture Y where variable A is not needed, the you'll see a green icon with the red X.

Hi Thomas. Thanks for the information.

You are correct in assuming I have the option set "Advise only active items", but the confusing part was that some of the values that were on the current page were not updating. Some of them were set points that had a value already in the PLC. If I put a new value into one of them it would write to the PLC and the value would stay there, but if I rebooted the wonderware system and went back to the page, it would just display a zero.

There are also two identical SCADA system talking to the S7, and when one of these set points were changed it didn't update on the other systems.

I came to the conclusion that I needed to set something up in Netpro for the S7 to accept the communications of these two SCADA systems. I need to understand this more to maybe solve this. Do you agree this could be the problem?

Depends on how the two SCADA systems are configured. Are they two stand-alone stations where each has it's own I/O server, or server based, where the clients use the I/O server of the server system.

If you have a server based system and the problem occurs only on the client, maybe this is a problem with the client-server connection.

If it was a problem with the number of plc connections, then you would not see any green variable. The DASSIDirect server uses only one connection to the plc. If this connection fails, all variables would go to status bad (red in system management console).

If you are using the ressource 03 for the S7 connection in the connection setup in the system management console, then you don't need to configure anything in Simatic manager.