Controllogix to EZMarquee Ethernet Comms

remlapw

Hello I am trying to set up communications with a controllogix PLC and an EZMarquee display. So far I have found a pdf (see attached) that is meant to aid in setting this up.

I have added a generic ethernet module into my IO tree in RSLogix5000 with the settings shown in the PDF. However when I go online with the controller, it shows the generic module as faulted with the error code (Code 16#0204 - Connection Request Error - Connection Request Timed Out).

I am able to ping the EZMarquee which has an IP of 192.168.1.9 from my PC so I am sure there is a communication path.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am trying to simply copy a string that was generated through the EZMarquee software into the output tag of the generic ethernet module to trigger the display to display my message.

Thanks for any help or input

What ethernet card are you using in the plc rack, what is its ip address and subnet mask? The ethernet card and the sign must both be addressed within the same subnet to get comms.

Make sure your subnets are the same, I have had issues with comms when they are different. Most people use 255.255.0.0 or 255.255.255.0, the first one being the most common.

OK So I sorted out the issue(s). First of all RSLinx was unable to detect the display, which was fixed by restarting my computer.

It also appears that I had not set up the correct data type for the input/output table of the generic ethernet module. I had it set to DINT instead of INT.

Thanks for you help

Having the same problem!

I am trying to send messages to an EZMarquee over ethernet from a CompacLogix L45 processor Via 1768-ENBT/A module. I have performed all the same actions as above and am still getting the timeout fault on the PLC I/O.