Connecting to a Panelview Plus via PC

Rob Smith

Hey Guys,

Could you folks give me a tip. I have a Panelview Plus that I have connected to Micrologix 1500 via a DF-1 RS 232 connection
I now have ethernet hooked up to the Panelview Plus,and I
have a IP address entered in the Panelview and I am able to ping
the Panelview Plus thru our network. What is the best way I can
access the Panelview with RS View Studio or RS View ME Station.
I know this may be simple,but am still learning.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks, I tried that and now I keep getting a "Unable to save Tag Database" when I go to test the application. I will keep trying.

Thanks,

Since you are not connecting the PanelView+ to the PLC thru ethernet you do not need to add the ethernet connection to the PV+ application. You do need to add the IP address to the RSLinx on your computer and make sure the RSLinx ethernet driver is set up correctly. Also, if you connect directly to the PV+ from the laptop you will need either a crossover ethernet cable or a hub to connect thru.

I don't know the answer to that. I suggest looking at the message bar across the bottom of the Studio program and trying to find some clues. It may be a problem with one tag, a couple of tags, or the driver itself.

To fix the "Unable to save Tag Database" error, browse to your HMI Project file, usually at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\..... Go into your project folder and delete the Cache folder. Then reboot your computer. This should fix your tag database error.

$