Compatible Modules for s7-300 6ES7312-1AE14-0AB0 PLC

thewalkerist

Hello my fellow plc masters. I have come to ask you again :D

Lets start the story. A few days ago i've made a post here about a s7-300 plc and that was mostly about the code but now that i've done with that part i am currently looking for some hardware to update this.

my old cpu was 6ES7 312-1AE13-0AB0, CPU312, simatic s7-300
There are 2 6ES7 322-1BH01-0AA0, DO 16x24VDC/0.5A, Sm322
There are 2 6ES7 321-1BH02-0AA0, DI 16x24VDC, Sm321
And lastly there is one 6ES7 334-0KE00-0AB0, AI 4/AO 2x12BIT, Sm334

now i've changed the my cpu to 6ES7312-1AE14-0AB0 and i was looking for the compatible modules for it. All of the stuff in modules must be the same. 2 DI's, 2 DO's and the last one

Is there any manuals for this? Can anyone please help me with this?

Can you explain more what your trying to accomplish? Did your whole PLC die?

You can use the exact same I/O modules that you have with the new CPU.

If you think you I/O modules died, you can remove the wiring connectors by pressing a button on the top of the connector and by holding that down and holding the bottom, pull it out.

https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/415/15390415/att_41918/v1/S7-300_IHB_e.pdf

Look at chapter 10.4 (page 150) of the above manual.

Last edited:
Sorry let me try to maket it clear. my whole plc is blown to hell and is dead now :D. All I/O modules and the CPU are broken except power supply. Power supply is fine because it was located a bit far away than them so its fine.

so i've taken your suggestion to consideration and started to look for 6ES7312-1AE14-0AB0 and look for I/O modules that are both serve the exact same purpose without any change and is compatible with 6ES7312-1AE14-0AB0 cpu.

HMI is not affected but i was wondering if needed to change the hmi aswell since i've changed the cpu. I've no idea what is compatible. Sorry

ok heres another question then. I have the code and all tags and I/O stuff is labeled. Everything about the code is fine rn but i have some questions.

1- Which would be an easier way to connect to my plc? MPI? or does this have an ethernet port? or some if there are some other way can you elaborate please?

2- Lets say connection to the plc is established and i am going to download the data to the plc. After i change the device in hardware part and download it to the plc will it all be finished? Or do i need to do something else to make hmi recognize the programme and make something in programme to assign I/O's to the I/O modules other than just assigning them like I1:7 or smthng like that?

3-Since my I/O parts are blown to hell and they are hard to find since these are old are there any alternatives to them that you can recommend?

1 - your CPU only has an MPI port. It's possible to add an Ethernet module, but it requires a hardware configuration change and download.

2- it's not required to change anything in the hardware configuration, but you can drag the -1AE14- CPU on top of your existing -1AF13-, but it's not necessary.

3-your I/O modules should be available brand new from your Siemens distributior.

currently i cant migrate my simatic manager file to a tia portal. Because it says i dont have the migration tool(even though i totally have it and reinstalled the programme like 5 times but anywhooo).

I will try to reach siemens and make them migrate the file for me and send it to me back i guess.

Are you suggesting a specific s7-1500cpu? and if i decide to use s7-1500 do i need to change the I/O modules aswell?

Last edited:
A CPU 1511-1 would do the job.

Yes, replace the S7-300 modules with S7-1500 modules... There's no point making it a Profinet I/O rack if they're all destroyed ..

What Is your HMI? Do you have a backup copy of the HMI project?

i have and its on my simatic manager project. it is called HmiEs i believe. There is also hOmSave7 and hrs and some other files like that but i cant figure out which is which.

I cant migrate it because it says my hmi file needs to be updated. It says "Migration only supports projects generated with WinCC flexible 2008 SP2,SP3 or SP5. Please update the HmiEs\Temp\temp_PROJECT_1.hmi file" i guess calling siemens for support is the only option.

and wdym by "There's no point making it a Profinet I/O rack if they're all destroyed"?

I mean, it's possible to make an existing S7-300 rack to be remote I/O to an S7-1500 by replacing the CPU with a Profinet device (slave) adapter, which might make sense if you want to save the existing modules...but yours are gone, so there's no point.

how can we do that?

oh and another question, when i was checking around the plc and the hmi on the field it seems like hmi hasnt been effected by the "explosion" but there was a weird thing that i saw. So without being connected to the plc hmi was still showing the same screens like it wasnt affected by this at all. But it wasnt connected to the plc. Do i need to do something else with that?

oh and btw i've requested the hmi's name because i forgot to take photos of that but they will answer me shortly

The HMI can show the same screens without being connected to the PLC, but usually you would see ******* or ###### instead of the numbers or messages you're supposed to see. If your HMI doesn't have Ethernet then it would have to be replaced as well to work with the S7-1500.

You can try my email to send your project, or use a service like https://ufile.io/ or Google drive, dropbox, etc.