Chineese S7-200 plc, can i upload it with an American version of microwin?

Jeff23spl

I have a strange question:

If i need to replace a working S7-216 supplyed with a machine from Asia, can i use the same microwin software as i have for the American version?

I can see HMIs and step7 used to have a different software licences for each place but i don't find a separate part # for microwin...Would it be the same ?

(Reason for replacing is because it needs local approvals)

I think you can download to the 200 CN from the regular version of MicroWIN if you jump through enough hoops, but I've never heard anyone try uploading.

There are about a thousand threads on this over in the Siemens forum, it's worth trying over there as well.

I left Siemens in 2008 but last I heard, the Chinese version of the S7-200 was not licensed by Siemens. Because of how Chinese laws work, Siemens couldn't do anything to stop them from selling it in China, but China was not supposed to sell them outside of their borders. Still, the Chinese were "leaking" them all over the world. So Siemens purposely added things to their official products to make it so that people buying the Chinese version could not use them with other Siemens systems. The Chinese reverse engineered MicroWin, but Siemens kept changing it to stay ahead of them. This however may be dated info.

I recently made changes to an S7-200 CN. I had to update MicroWin 4.0 to the latest version of MicroWin and uploaded the program fine. Downloading is where the problems developed. Had to change the programming language to Chinese, then it downloaded fine. When you select Chinese as the language, pay attention to which selection is English so you can get back, and be familiar with the icons for downloading and the pop up box choices because the first thin that happens on download is clearing the plc program.

Good luck.

thanks all

I got the chineese plc program, i renamed it and with microwin 4.0 sp8, i can open it. Most of the caracters are impossible to read of course. Maybe i could try chineese language but it wasn't needed because every files are locked up.
I easily downloaded it on a standard S7-200 by changing the plc type from 226 CN to 226 normal and it worked just fine...

I didn't get the CN plc to try uploading it.