Attempting to connect Click Plus to Internet via laptop

sparkyinak

This is more of a multipart question involving home networking and I have limited experience in computer networking.

The first objective is to connect the ethernet Click Plus to my wireless Starlink home network via an HP Windows10 running laptop with an ethernet jack for testing purposes. The second part will be setting up the Click Plus on a hard wire network but that will be for another discussion later.

This is what I did so far:

1. Connect PLC to laptop via ethernet cable
  2. Went into my wireless network settings on the laptop, clicked on properties, and shared my connections with other devices
  3. Setup an AOL webmail mail for the PLC tested both sending and receiving works and does
  4. Connected to the PLC via the ethernet cable and have good connectivity, adjusted the PLC IP Address to be 1 digit off and shows "Good" connection, I can interface, and manipulate the PLC via the ethernet connection
  5. Setup the email setup with the AOL selection in the upper right corner to include addresses into the address book
  6. Made sure the DNS was enabled per the setup instructions in the help files
  7. Wrote and uploaded a simple program for the PLC to send a test message via email with a flick of a switch
  8. Tried a different email server
I think that is it so far. I flip the switch, and it appears to send the message but the laptop I believe is still not set right to let the PLC feed through. I pinged the PLC's IP Address from another computer on the network. The email log shows that a message was sent, The last line states "Too many bad auth attempts" but no error codes from the PLC

Any ideas?