Allen Bradley SLC5/02 timer problems?

Just a thought, but is it possible to use one of the alarm bits for the same TE's to reset the counters instead of the timer EN bits?

Yes, but that would be essentially the same thing. Since the alarm bit ties directly to the TON instruction, the EN bit of the timer will follow the state of the alarm bit.

I am not sure where you're at with this, so it might be good to zip and post the latest and greatest...

Allen Bradley SLC5/02 timer problems

I have attached the latest program minus the deletion of the timer reset. This is the program that does not increment the 40 hour counters.

I was wrong.

The EN bit will drop out when the timer is done and it executes the RES. That is why the counter is resetting. I apologize for my error. If I had put the counter reset rungs ahead of the timer reset rung it would have worked, but I dislike relying on the order of operations too much when it isn't necessary.

Try your alternate method for resetting the counters...EDIT: or look at my attachment for an idea.

Last edited:
I have managed to get the program working by using the Alarm bits as a trigger for the counter reset. Got there in the end. Ive done a few tests and its working how we want it. Ive attached the final program we are working with. Thanks once again for all your help on this. It is really appreciated. Regards Mike.