New PLC on the market.... Arduino fans and IoT

They're bragging pretty hard about partnering with Finder, and about their expertise in PLC hardware and PLC software.

So I'll ask here: before this product discussion, had any of you ever heard of Finder, the Italy-based relay and lighting products manufacturer ?

I'm willing to be impressed, but when the executive in charge goes hard refusing to provide details, I don't get excited about the answer.

Finder is quite big in Europe regarding various relays, and quality is good, but regarding PLCs their offer is none.

They're bragging pretty hard about partnering with Finder, and about their expertise in PLC hardware and PLC software.

So I'll ask here: before this product discussion, had any of you ever heard of Finder, the Italy-based relay and lighting products manufacturer ?

I'm willing to be impressed, but when the executive in charge goes hard refusing to provide details, I don't get excited about the answer.

Finder makes relays for Allen Bradley.

OK, so the consensus is "Finder makes good relays, and are particularly popular in the European market and as an OEM to other vendors".

I'm curious to see what's really going to be under the hood for a conventional IDE environment.

There's a lot to be said for ordinary Arduino libraries and sketches, too, of course, and this will be a fraction of the cost of a Wago CC100.

I am sure a Aduino can do the basics.
However, you guys also know that Delta Motion makes motion controllers. I we know how Rockwell, Simens and Modicon test their systems. I looked up the specs for Arduino and they look good as long as the final manufacturer doesn't screw things up.

I think the Arduino is fine as long as the software or firmware does what you want.

However, the weak point is not the Arduino. It is the I/O and that will vary from board to board.

It seems that you can expand with industrial grade Arduino expansion boards.
I take this back. I mistook the expansion boards that they show on their site for that they can be used with the micro PLC. It does not look like the micro PLC can be expanded. There seems to be 10 configurable analog/digital inputs and 4 relay outputs and thats it.

On the Reddit/R/PLC thread about this the co-founder of Arduino was in the thread, but wouldn't answer what programming software was going to be used to program in LAD,FBD,ST,IL. Just, and I quote

"We have partnered with a company that develops professional PLC IDEs and they made a custom version for Arduino which include cloud/IoT capabilities.

It's a PRO tool made by a company that already supplies a number of Industrial Automation companies."
I bet that it is Codesys.

On the Reddit/R/PLC thread about this the co-founder of Arduino was in the thread, but wouldn't answer what programming software was going to be used to program in LAD,FBD,ST,IL. Just, and I quote

"We have partnered with a company that develops professional PLC IDEs and they made a custom version for Arduino which include cloud/IoT capabilities.

It's a PRO tool made by a company that already supplies a number of Industrial Automation companies."

I mean I'm still going to buy one, but I'd like to know who this company is please.

CodeSys Group would be my first guess.