Wire Duct Numbering

Numbering the ducts is not extreme and over the top it is good trade practice. No matter how good the machine is designed and there are adequate drawings eventually someone gonna pull them off no matter what to replace,modify,repair etc. The only real problem is lazy people who cant be bothered taking the time to put the covers back on.

I don't see the problem.
If they're the right length it's not that difficult. It takes 2 minutes at most.

Well unfortunately it is a problem for some people,nearly half of the control cabinets that I come accross that have just had them left off lying on the bottom of the cabinet.

I don't even use wire ducting in control panels
Check this product out guys - i SWEAR by it - not only are you saving money and time on it (money in that it saves space and allows you to reduce panel sizes by 25-30%, time in that the mounting racks are delivered to you fully assembled and all you have to do is bolt them into your enclosure - and add your components- and wiring it up!)
but it also makes your panels look so much NEATER and CONTAINED

Yes this product is good,

I did some work on a Bystronic Laser Cutting machine the other week and it had this setup in the control cabinet, if I was doing alot of new cabinets from scratch I would defitnatly use it. I my only downfall was that I was adding in some new wiring to the existing cabinet and it was a bit tricky and time consuming running in the new control cable. But definately a neat looking product.

Well unfortunately it is a problem for some people,nearly half of the control cabinets that I come accross that have just had them left off lying on the bottom of the cabinet.

That doesn't mean that the person who put them there didn't know where they were supposed to go.

As I said in post #16 The only real problem is lazy people who cant be bothered taking the time to put the covers back on.

Numbering the ducts maybe over the top for you but theres no harm in putting in a little extra effort and detail.

I suppose there is no cure for the lazy.
However I think labeling the covers is a good idea and makes the job just a little easier for the next guy. I do it because the next guy is often ME.

Dan Bentler

Is it only me or can anyone else follow what the Satie system is supposed to do. A web site is supposed to be informative but that site had me totally lost.
Regards Alan Case

Is it only me or can anyone else follow what the Satie system is supposed to do. A web site is supposed to be informative but that site had me totally lost.
Regards Alan Case

Yes had/has me lost to, try looking at page 2 under the electrical dept menu. I think i know what it does now......

I have found this to work well - we not only label the components but also label the trunking directly above it, including a description, fuse ratings etc on the truking label tends to be more usefull than just F1, F2 etc.

Also i find most maintenance guys are more inclided to re-fit the lids if it serves a purpose that may help them out in the long run...

i see this only rarely, maybe because we build new equipment insted of maintaining existing one. so far nobody asked us to do anything about it. in fact that is the only thing that may not be labeled and i certainly have no objection to label it any way customer wants.

on the other hand, i can't help but wonder about lazy attitude promoted and supported all the time.

For example in this case:
"spoil me more" and "i took THREE covers off and can't remember how to put them back, let's just lay them down and have someone else worry about it".

Instead of:
"Gee, these covers are not labeled, I better mark them before removing any of them, should also check other panels too and make a note about that so spec for next machine will mention covers to be labeled"

how do you motivate people to use their brain and become what they are paid to be - a valuable asset instead of balast for those who do work to earn their money. the approach should be both carrot and stick, not just carrots or everyone will be lazy, messy and non-productive idiot.

Canadian Electrical Code requires that things are neat and tidy. if the mainetance person is not following the code (ie. leaving covers off, loosing some of them etc.) or can't remember what was he doing, i don't see why would he be allowed to even open the panel or get near machine. i don't want to work on machine that was serviced by someone sloppy, who knows what else they may have botched. if he is serious case that doesn't change behaviour or learn, he should be replaced (or offered to be evaluated and perhaps - institutionalized. that would get them to snap out of the "i'm lazy and don't care how i fix it").

Teaching Math in 1950:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?
Teaching Math in 1960:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
Teaching Math in 1970:
A logger exchanges a set "L" of lumber for a set "M" of money. The cardinality of set "M" is 100. Each element is worth one dollar. Make 100 dots representing the elements of the set "M." The set "C," the cost of production contains 20 fewer points than set "M." Represent the set "C" as subset of set "M" and answer the following question: What is the cardinality of the set "P" of profits?
Teaching Math in 1980:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
Teaching Math in 1990:
By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the forest birds and squirrels "feel" as the logger cut down the trees? There are no wrong answers.
Teaching Math in 2002:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $120. How does Arthur Andersen determine that his profit margin is $60?
Teaching Math in 2010:
El hachero vende un camion cargado de lena por $100. Su gasto de produccion es........