WinCC pro TIA Portal V11/12 Client Server Issue

wazzajnr

We have a setup with a Siemens IPC547D as the server and 2 clients, also IPC547D's.
We had these set up at Siemens Manchester on a local network with fixed IP and the dummy project worked just fine.
Now we are on site, on the customers network and although we can see the server from the clients in simatic shell and we can point autostart at the project file on the server, we keep getting "Server not available" whenever we try to log in.
We have fixed IP addresses for all 3 PC's and the RT on the server works fine, it's just the clients we can't get working.
Any suggestions???
Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Hi wazzajnr

I am also having a similar problem at a customer here in South Africa.

We are not using IPC's, but instead regular PC's and a server within a domain. The client can see the server but when a password is entered, the "server not available" error pops up.

Have you checked user permissions and made sure your user belongs to the MSSQL group for WinCC?