What is the best software to learn Scada for free?

Ignition Hands down. Not just because of it being a full blown SCADA, but because the documentation is well ahead of other offerings and them providing free training for that platform.

Yes, learn it using their documentation which excellent.

Stay away from their YouTube channel; I spent weeks cursing them and down thumbing their videos, substandard garbage. They assume knowledge that you will not have for sometime andhhave no logical, practical or sort os sequenc.
That applies also to some of the video tutorials they have on their websites, outdated or suddenly jump/skip topics.

+ 1 for Ignition free Maker Edition

Maker Edition only comes with Perspective for the GUI
Vision GUI is not included

Perspective is in my opinion the future way to go
Has a learning curve for sure, but the results are much better

Anytime we used Vision on multiple resolutions is was hard to
get it to look good.

Perspective can scale down to your phone (with some work)