Way O.T!! Crazy Canadian economy

tom_stalcup said:
...I mostly do the Kings River here in Fresno...

Tom,

Have you ever see the tarantula’s come down the hill from Pine flat?...Thats the weirdest thing, me and my dad were fishing the river one day a decided to go up to the lake..so we were driving up by the damn and I started to notice, thousands of tarantula’s crawling on the road, and on the side, and off the road...H*LL they were every where, I guess it was a migration thing, but it looked like it was a bad movie.

Ron...

I was looking for a job when I found this one...

I'm not immune to changing jobs...

I just figure... why jump out of the frying pan, into the fire, when you don't have to?

C'mon... Southern-Boy... you know catfish, don't you?

By the way, I still want to buy a REAL-case of MGD for you and me!

Have you ever see the tarantula’s come down the hill from Pine flat?...

I'd never heard of it until now, but when I asked my roommate he knew all about it.... It's the poor man's weather vane. When it's going to rain they migrate across the road up the hill, and when it's done they come back down the hill to the water.

Terry Woods said:
Ron...

I was looking for a job when I found this one...

I'm not immune to changing jobs...

I just figure... why jump out of the frying pan, into the fire, when you don't have to?

C'mon... Southern-Boy... you know catfish, don't you?

By the way, I still want to buy a REAL-case of MGD for you and me!

Hopefully when in Chicago, let me know time and date.

BTW: That needs to be 2 cases.

My apologizes for being so rude and nasty but damn I wish I had someone like you around when I was getting those big contracts.

Last edited:
allscott said:
As some of you probably recall I've been happily unemployed for a few months now. I was offered and accepted a job near my hometown in Saskatchewan that I am looking forward to starting at in September.

Here's the crazy part. I purchased my current home in Alberta for $244,000.00 about a year ago which to me was a crazy amount of money to spend on a house at the time. When I moved in the basement was 90% done. Since I've been unemployed I finished it off (doors, baseboards, tile in the bathroom etc....). I figure I spent about $3000.00 total.

I listed the house today for $389,000.00. I had three offers at 5PM all over list price. I declined them all and told them to re-offer. It sold about 2 hours ago for $405,000.00. I feel like I won the lottery

This economy is absolutely nuts!! Fast food restaraunts are closing at 6:00 PM because they can't hire enough workers and their paying $15.00/hr! I am glad to get out of here, if the price of oil tanks or interest rates go up a couple of percent these people who are mortgaged to the hilt are going to be in serious trouble. It will be ugly.

So now the big question for me, Corvette or boat??? Opinions welcome, may even warrant a survey.

Are quotes in USD ??
Ciao