VPN activation rockwell

If you have your Factory Talk Activation manager setup where the license can be kept on the server. Then you can check your license back into server. Then the guy in texas can log or vpn borrow that license on the server. When he is done then same deal, checks in the license so you can borrow it when needed.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks Jim for your quick answer, but can he see my computer in the network while he is is accessing the VPN?
He need to add server in the factory talk activation manager ,right?

Its called check in license to move the license from you laptop to server, then he would checkout the license from the server. But if your on a laptop, I have never did it that way. I think Factory talk would give you an example of how to do that but I would have no idea.

You don't need a server, if they can see your computer just close all applications using the license and they can use your IP address as the server.

But if they have access to the internet just re-host to Rockwell and then have them get the license from Rockwell. (Before doing this make sure you have all the information, serial and product key.)