View Designer - Specify no. of digits shown of a REAL tag in a text display

engnrd

Rockwell Software
Studio 5000 View Designer v6.01: Is there a way to limit the number of digits of a REAL tag that get shown in a text display?

I'm converting a FactoryTalk View Studio ME project, and it's pretty simple to do this with the N: and DP: propertie.:

CORRECTION /*N:4 {::[CSI]Program:p01_Stage_1.Registration_Error} NOFILL DP:1*/ "

This gives me a display of:
CORRECTION 1.9 "

But I don't see any way to place these limits in the View Designer text display. (I also can't figure out how to get a " in a string either.)

"CORRECTION " + ::CSI_PLC\P01_Stage_1.Registration_Error +" in"

With this expression I get a display of:
CORRECTION 1.9875199794769287 in

That's a little bit of overkill on the number specificity, and it also make my text bigger than the area I'm trying to fit it in.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just not a feature they've implemented in View Designer, since I can't find anything about it in the documentation, but I'm hoping there is some undocumented way to do what I need that isn't "break it into 2 text displays and a number display".

There are multiple ways to do that:
You can use invisible numeric indicator and specify number of decimal points. Then you can bind this indicator to the text display same way you did in ME.

Another way is to use something like combination of "some_text "+(Trunc(your_tag*10))/10

Awesome! The truncate function is exactly what I need, and now that I know what to search for, I can see that they call it out in exactly two "tips" in the manual.