uploading program using siemens s5

archeen2003

hi folks! can somebody please help me with my problem. I want to upload the program from siemens plc 115u to my computer using s5 (v7.2). then download it back.
thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, but at first I didn't see you've already mentioned the version. Guess I was still a little asleep this morning :p .

Maybe there are some differences between my (7.0) and your (7.2) version. First of all you have to set the project (File - Project - Set), this means setting the path and the filename where you want to store the program. Then you have to transfer the blocks (File - Blocks - Transfer) from PLC to file (upload) or from file to PLC (download). I don't see why you want to upload first and then download again. To get the right information about your version, do a manual search on the Siemens website and search for entry 9830806. That's a downloadable manual for STEP5 V7.2.

Kind regards,

hi i need to know why my s5 doesn't work when i try to download program from 115 cpu.it works fine on s5-90